Sunday, January 23, 2011

Yes....I'm a slacker

Friday.....Let me explain...these are mismatched gloves, about 15 or so.  I have been hanging onto them for sometime now and today I finally took that giant step.  Yes, I tossed them!  This is totally out of my character, I don't give up usually without a fight.  I am the keeper of pen caps, socks, earrings, flip flops you name it.  I truly believe the minute I throw it away it will turn up the next day.  But today I just did it.....no hesitation (except for grabbing my camera and getting a shot of them) I just did it.  However, I do know exactly where the garbage bag is they are in, just in case.....they show up tomorrow!

Saturday... I will be perfectly honest, this is not a picture I took on Saturday.  It was a pretty uneventful day, lots of lying around for me and a short trip to Costco that's about it!  There is a story to this picture I took last week, Evan's night to make dinner.  His favorite....Poppyseed chicken!  He has made it one time before and it is something I actually can make and not ruin, so I knew he was perfectly capable.  A little information about Evan, when he does something he DOES it.....no messing around and he has to make a PRODUCTION of it.  I guarantee he thought it was by far the best batch of Poppyseed chicken that has ever been made PERIOD.  I must admit, it was pretty yummy!  I love how he is using an ice cream scoop to mix it up.  Whatever works I guess, and I didn't have to do a thing but show up at the table so I'm happy!




Sunday... Right now our church's Assistant Pastor is doing a series on abortion.  This is his new baby, #6 and she is so precious.  The statistics on abortion is heart wrenching...and it is something I just can't wrap my mind around.  I really have appreciated the information he has provided and I feel I am much more prepared to defend my stand on abortion now.  I think the only way we are going to wipe out abortion is to speak up about it and most of all PRAY about it daily.  With God all things are possible and I am holding onto that with a tight grip.  The bible is clear that life begins at the moment of conception, plain and simple.   I prayed tonight that I would be given the opportunity to share what I believe and make a difference in someones life. This should be something we all should be passionate about, we can make a difference.  Life truly is a miracle, how can you not see that in the face of a child?