Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Problem solved....or so I thought!

Ok....let me explain this one.  We have a big problem in our family....at least in my mind we do. We have 7 people in our family and for as long as I can remember we ALWAYS have had a sink FULL of cups.  At times I swear there must be 20 or more.  I just don't get it.  It is impossible for anyone, including myself to pick a cup and use it all day.  Over the past couple of years I have tried several things, I can't tell you how many cups we have thrown away or hid away in a box in the garage, but it is a lot.  So, this time I had the answer.  I found these cups, really great cups (see the silver ones) they are called "Contigo"and they keep hot stuff hot and cold stuff cold.  They are completely spill proof....just ask my mother-in-law!  We have had the silver ones for awhile....however....my hubby has taken them over since he is completely obsessed with coffee.  At Christmas time I found the tall tumbler ones....still "Contigo" still completely spill proof but are more like a water bottle.  This was the solution....I bought 7 of them, all different colors and I knew it would be an issue so I made them pick color and stick to it.  Problem solved....what was I thinking!   It lasted maybe a week...Evan has lost his twice already and they even have a clip on them.  So I think I am giving this one up...it was a great idea but I don't think anyone else thought it was.  That is usually the way it works!  So for now I am NOT buying anymore cups, bottles, mugs, glasses or anything else you drink out of.   I am just going to keep placing them up in the window HOPING they will catch on.....a girl can dream can't she?