Friday, October 7, 2011

I love what I do...

Beyond a Smile Photography by Leah



I think one of my favorite things about photography is getting to know my clients a little better through my camera lens.  It is funny how you think you know someone pretty well and then you head out for a session and you see them in a whole different light.  I have known this senior for several years now and she has the most amazing eye for photography.  I am always blown away by her work and love how she sees the little things that I usually miss.  I am not too much of a nature photographer but she has inspired me to take a different look at things, I am getting better but I am pretty sure I will stick with what I know and LOVE... which is people.  Anyway, photographing a photographer is usually intimidating to me but last night was different.  I was having so much fun watching her and her friend interact with each other that I think I just forgot about it.  I shouldn't be surprised that best friends just have a way of putting each other at ease.  The pictures I had taken prior to her "bestie" arriving have a totally different feel to them.  Once her "bestie" arrived things were just different.  There was a lot of giggling, belly laughing, climbing trees, pure silliness, karate moves, and some serious funny faces.  This quiet girl I thought I knew so well is super silly and absolutely adorable!  I loved seeing these girls really having a ball together and I got some GREAT pictures when they thought I wasn't looking.  Oh how I love my job... it just doesn't seem like work sometimes but that is just fine with me.  
I just love this one...
and another...
uncontrollable laughter at times...
karate moves...
but this is usually how I see her...behind her camera!